Inexpensive Fishing Spooler Line Counter!

Everything from building rods to maintaining reels. Also an area to share your vintage tackle stories and pictures.

Inexpensive Fishing Spooler Line Counter!

Postby Scuba Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm

I Figured Out A Way To Add A Line Counter On My Fishon Spooler Fishing Line Spooler!

I have the large Fishon Spooler from Sportman Innovations, LLC that they're letting me test on all my reels. With the adapters i can accommodate my ultra lights to my massive bait caster spinners. All my Okuma reels now are re-spooled with Soft Steel line due to this spooler. To understand my line capacity was a job unspooling & re-spooling with a rod line counter attached. But now i figured out how to do it up to 999 meters.

To get a wheel counter would've run me 2-3 times the cost of this unit! So i'm happy to share my modification success with those who want to spool their own reels & know the yardage. On eBay & Amazon but i got this unit off eBay. Be sure to wrap the line around the wheel at least 2-wraps for better friction to get a more accurate measurement. Or go w/a single wrap & put some tape on the inner spool to create friction for a better hold.

https://youtu.be/dzc4Sl_4NQk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scuba Chris

Return to FISHING TACKLE A-Z