Bass Fishing

Sweet water fishing from panfish to musky. Freshwater fishing tackle, tips and techniques can be found here.

Re: Bass Fishing

Postby malibu225 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:46 am

we caugth our first bass using poper after get dark ...17 inches at seven lakes /kenawaka/ :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malibu225

Postby Jfish » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Local "very local-Lol" Bass fishing remains very good. Went out this morning on Mohegan Lake. Started fishing at 7:00 a.m. done by 11:30, home before 12:00 :D . Nailed an easy dozen Largemouths which ranged in size from 16"-23". 50/50 on yellow/Chart spinner bait and Purple plastic worm rigged texas style. Two largest were taken on the worm ;) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby yasika » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 am

The Biggest/Most bass are almost always near structure so fish that. buy Berkley Powerbait plastic worms they produce and catch quality fish.if you can buy minnows/shiners then you are near promised at least 1 bass to catch. try to spot fish buy seeing the fish 10 feet away and dragging a plastic worm right in front of it in the shallows. i recomend bigger skitterpops, and then use it how it shows you on the back of the package so that you make splashes during reeling in. You will get tons of bass jjumpin from the water for your lure, keep fishin like this until about 1hour after sundown, then breakout the nightcrawlers.

Postby Jfish » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 am

O.K. so it's about 1:30 Sat afternoon. When my Boss calls. He wants to know if i am going Bass fishing (he loves eating Bass). I tried to explain to him that it's 96 degrees outside, and it's the worst possible time for Bass fishing.

So, about 2:00 i head out the door with 4 rigged rods, and an assortment of plastic worms. My Boat on Mohegan Lake is only 3 min from my front door, so by 2:30 i am fishing my first spot. I know these Bass will be deep and in no hurry to chase any baits, so i start off with a texas rigged 7" plastic worm.

The area that i am fishing is about 10-13 ft deep, with lots of scattered down timber.

On my 3rd cast i nail a nice 3 lb Bass. Well, i never had to leave that spot as in 2 hrs i picked away at an even dozen nice Bass
( keeping 4 for my Boss). With the largest going betwen 4 1/4 - 5 lbs.

Just goes to show you that some quality fish can be taken anytime, despite the conditions.
Jfish
Jfish

Previous

Return to FRESHWATER FISHING FORUM