What would you do?

Sweet water fishing from panfish to musky. Freshwater fishing tackle, tips and techniques can be found here.

Re: What would you do?

Postby Jfish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 pm

If you can't find the property owner :D what makes you think he will find you ;) .
Jfish
Jfish

Postby fishfetchr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Weren't rules made to be broken??
:mrgreen:
"I don't get it, this drop was pretty good 20 years ago!!"
fishfetchr

Postby Stripedbass91 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm

By the way...I should add that this situation happened to me the other day and my result was Poison Ivy ALL OVER :shock:
Cory
Stripedbass91

Postby Sullivan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Wake my 3 y/o grad daughetr up and pack a Snoopy rod and hope he falls for the smiles!!!! My dad & brother used me to pull that stunt more than once. Guy caught us once and I was yelling to my brother that I saw a giant Pickle (Pickerel)...owner just said have a nice day & left us there.
"They that go down to the sea in ships that do business in great waters. These see the works of the Lord and his wonders in the deep"
Sullivan

Postby Seven » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 am

Scope out the owner, and if he is a cancerous old coot with a Garand and a general misunderstanding of Asian peoples, roll up like you own it. If he catches you, worst case you might be his indentured servant for a few months until he gets to know you. After he passes, you get his El Camino.
Seven

Postby NauticalMile6 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:08 am

Not too sure about you guys but some of the best freshwater spots I have ever fished have been on property with signs saying "no fishing" and if I were to be asked if I regretted fishing there I'd say nope. I always try to play by the rules as best as I can when it comes to fishing but some times I think every one of us has ventured to a few unspoken places where we shouldn't have been. Although we shouldn't be there, whenever I have gone to these places I have released anything I caught, I did not make a mess where I was, and I was quiet and out of the way so do I regret going to some out of bounds places every now and then? No. Yes it's easy fishing sometimes with hogs right at your feet but hey I also think that long island is losing so much of its access that its inevitable that these scenarios are going to happen more and more. I can't even begin to tell you how many awesome striper spots I've found only to see land owners come out getting all bent out of shape because I was even in close proximity to what they consider as being their property. I honestly believe that people think we are criminals from the nasty remarks I have gotten from landowners on various occasions. Freshwater is no different and sadly land owners usually shy away from people fishing because they paid for the land and we didn't. I mean I can see part of their argument sometimes but c'mon seriously we're fishing, not breaking into houses, selling crack, or drug dealing. I'll bet any amount of money too that most of the fisherman that get kicked off of property are good honest people (and yes there are exceptions to this rule) but in all seriousness I just don't understand why we can only fish in certain areas while living on an island that is surrounded completely by water!! I mean what else would you want us to do?
NauticalMile6

Previous

Return to FRESHWATER FISHING FORUM