NOV 12, 2020 - This from Captain Phil Eastman About the passing of Commercial Fishermen Juan Martinez

Important breaking news in the fisheries and in the various forums.

NOV 12, 2020 - This from Captain Phil Eastman About the passing of Commercial Fishermen Juan Martinez

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks to Marc Fishark for passing this along.....

Little background on Juan....

He battled a very bad case of cancer and beat it working 60 hours a week in a factory before getting sick. After his victory over the disease he decided to live his life more on his terms!!

Moving here from the Dominican as a teenage and then bought my brother Ed’s lobster permit and mooring and lived life his way!!

Right off, the whole fishing community took to Juan which is unusual for newcomers in this industry with his smile and friendliness and could always make you laugh with some of his remarks every morning on his way to the boat to haul his traps!

We were all proud to call Juan our friend and someone that we could all emulate in our own lives to make us all a better person. He leaves behind a wife and two young boys. Our hearts are broken!!!

Capt Phil

I ask anyone who can donate $$$$ to go to Linda Hunts page or Send Me A Check

JUST MESSAGE ME FOR ADDRESS - ALL CHECKS SENT TO ME WILL BE MADE OUT TO JUANS WIFE

EC NEWELL MAN

Re: NOV 12, 2020 - This from Captain Phil Eastman About the passing of Commercial Fishermen Juan Martinez

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:57 am

“He was meant to be one of the lobstermen,” said Linda Hunt, manager of Yankee Fishermen’s Cooperative.

A husband and father of two from Hampton, Juan died at age 36 years Monday from what authorities believe was a drowning while working on his boat in the harbor. He left behind a wife and two sons, 9-year-old Juan Gabriel and 8-year-old Alejandro.

Tragedy at the harbor: Fishing community grieves loss of Hampton lobsterman
By Max Sullivannews@seacoastonline.com

https://www.seacoastonline.com/story/ne ... 761948001/
EC NEWELL MAN

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS