Summer Flounder Daily Trip Limit
the daily trip limit for summer flounder is set at 140 pounds.
• This trip limit will remain in effect until further notice.
• For holders of the summer flounder permit only.
These actions are taken under the authority of 6 NYCRR 40.1 (u), and quota distribution schedule referenced therein.
All fish commercially harvested must be reported on Vessel Trip Reports (VTRs). If you need extra VTRs, or would like information on online reporting, please call 631-444-0857.
View the complete list of Commercial Quota Harvest Limits for more information.
Postcards have been sent to appropriate permit holders.
DEC has engaged the services of a marine fisheries consultant to produce a report of recommendations in an effort to revise and improve New York State commercial licensing system. DEC will host two meetings in Suffolk and Nassau counties for stakeholders to review the report, ask questions, and provide verbal and written comments.
• Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 6 PM: Bishop Malloy Recreational Center, 15 Parkside Road Drive, Point Lookout, NY 11569
• Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 6 PM: East Hampton Town Hall, 159 Pantigo Road, East Hampton, NY 11937
DEC encourages all stakeholders to review the New York Marine Fisheries Licensing Report (PDF) and provide comments on the recommendations. Comments will be accepted through September 30, 2019.
Submit written comments by:
• Email to FW.Marine@dec.ny.gov with the subject line "GLP Permits"
• Mail to Maureen Davidson, NYSDEC, 205 Belle Mead Road, Suite #1, East Setauket, New York 11733.