Double Stingray & Bonefish Morning!

No boat, no problem! Here is a forum for those who love catching their favorite fish from terra-firma.

Double Stingray & Bonefish Morning!

Postby Scuba Chris » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Got To Fish With Local Angler Josh Madayag!

I spent the night on the pier with the mice until Josh Madayag arrived. I had a 40min GT battle earlier that left my right arm numb & hurting. The North winds arrived around midnight freezing me on the spot. Not even the bats or mosquitoes came to visit me.

Never seen a back to back stingray hook-up before. Young Josh needed an extra hand. The Bonefish was the bonus for this day. The night before my bowling buddy Raymond Allen came for an unexpected visit. He got a massive Bonefish strike at 9:40pm but the damn metal structures in the water shredded his mainline.

Always a great pleasure to meet other anglers. Josh loves to fish & it was my pleasure to share an adventure with this awesome young angler:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww82mIGgYGU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scuba Chris

Re: Double Stingray & Bonefish Morning!

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Pretty neat video for us to watch here in the northeast. Boy we can use a few fishing spots like that around these parts!
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby Frank » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:03 am

Would love to have pier fishing like that around here. Thanks for posting.

Can you please supply more information on those stainless/aluminum butt protector sleeves you are using. I never saw them before and I would fined them quite useful for some of my applications. Thanks!!!
Frank

Postby Scuba Chris » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

The "Ulua/GT" trademark rods have either aluminum or SS butts because were mostly on lava rock to coral reef flats. It's a "local" adaptation to fishing for monsters from shore (ie sharks, rays & GT's). The only non-Hawaiian company that i'm aware of that even offers this type of casting rods is Okuma. The Hawaiian Custom Ulua Rod. If you go to Okuma's site they offer it (also Tackle Direct).
Scuba Chris

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks so much for getting back to me on that, Chris!
Frank

Return to SURF FORUM