DEC 4, 2018 - Rest in Peace: Joe “Grumpy” Kastenholz of the fv 'GRUMPY 2' homeport Montauk, NY

Important breaking news in the fisheries and in the various forums.

DEC 4, 2018 - Rest in Peace: Joe “Grumpy” Kastenholz of the fv 'GRUMPY 2' homeport Montauk, NY

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 pm

This is from earlier today, written by Capt. Mark Cusumano on noted commercial fishermen Joe "GRUMPY'....

Yesterday we lost one of the greatest people you could ever know and I lost one of my closest friends.

Four short years ago at Gone Fishing Marina I met Joe for the first time. We get to talking and he says... "I’m original from the Bronx," and I respond I’m from Pelham Bay and that was that. I thought of a million things to say but all I can say right now is I can’t believe he is gone.

No need for sorry for your loss, just say a prayer for Joe and Gina today.

He is once again fishing with Bill Grumpy waiting on those $2.75 scup returns pool side at the Ditch Plains Trailer Park.

Rest In Peace my friend. Joe “Grumpy” Kastenholz, you will be missed.

========================

Anyone who has met Joe will always talk about his gentle manner, and I can attest to that the few times I spoke with him at the meetings. He was a gentle giant who left such a pleasant impression even with contentious issues we have in the fishing industry, and will be missed as Mark has mentioned here. I will just mention that I spoke with Mark last evening, and maybe someday Mark will say more about Joe 'Grumpy' who truly loved to fish.....

As Captain Dave Aripotch wrote...

I’m going to miss him even though he and I usually argued over scup quotas.

He was a gentleman and in this insanity called fisheries management, he always was a gentleman. I’ll bet he’s bailing stud scup right now though!!

May he be in the good hands of our Lord...

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: DEC 4, 2018 - Rest in Peace: Joe “Grumpy” Kastenholz of the fv 'GRUMPY 2' homeport Montauk, NY

Postby Frank » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 am

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Steve.
Frank

Re: DEC 4, 2018 - Rest in Peace: Joe “Grumpy” Kastenholz of the fv 'GRUMPY 2' homeport Montauk, NY

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 am

(As provided by Hudson Rock - 12.10.18)
EC NEWELLMAN

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS