AUG 3, 2018 - VIKING STAR JOHN VIOL CHARTER DONNA's HALIBUT & FISHARK WHITING "HOW MUCH BIGGER CAN THEY GET?"

Fishing reports by our own FISHING UNITED - FIELD REPORTERS.

AUG 3, 2018 - VIKING STAR JOHN VIOL CHARTER DONNA's HALIBUT & FISHARK WHITING "HOW MUCH BIGGER CAN THEY GET?"

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:08 pm

It is not too often in seeing trophy size fish, but for the record, Donna on the JOHN VIOL CHARTER on the - VIKING STAR pulled off a feat that may never be topped. First was a 115 lb Atlantic Halibut which she landed and which was the largest Halibut ever landed on a trip by the Viking Fleet. Then during the fluke side of the trip, she caught the largest summer flounder at over 12 lbs. From what John and Mark passed along, the first was caught on a curly tail, that being the Halibut! What a catch, and also from what I heard, the cod fishing was pretty damn good too!

Mark of FISHARK ADVENTURES fishing with Captain Nate had what he said...well let me post what he said:

BEST WHITING TRIP EVER

I HAD OVER 100, At least 39 over 2 lbs, 15 over 3 lbs, 5 over 4lbs...

Drop and stick for 5 hours!

Big whiting.....THEY DON"T COME MUCH BIGGER THAN THIS!

First, from this season we believe this is the biggest Atlantic Halibut landed on a party boat in the region:

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to FIELD REPORTS BOARD