WORK SHARP Knife and Tool Sharpener

Moderated by Captain Rick Smith, this is the place to talk about and show your boat, along with the inside scoop on anchor setups, boat maintenance, problems, fine tuning and troubleshooting.

WORK SHARP Knife and Tool Sharpener

Postby Capt. Rick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm

This thing works so well I had to pass this along to my friends here. For those who use the 1376 steel Dexter on deck, this is not for you. But if you want a knife / tool sharpener you can use at home, I would highly recommend this unit. It sharpens with a mini sanding belt which puts a razor sharp and I mean razor sharp edge on your knives. I had certain knives that I just could not sharpen with my old chefs choice sharpener. This unit puts a scary sharp edge on everything. I understand they have come out with a cordless unit now. Thumbs up on this !! If you google WORK SHARP KNIFE & TOOL you can see some videos if you like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Capt. Rick - MISS BERYL CHARTERS
516 359 6462 - www.missberyl.com
Capt. Rick

Re: WORK SHARP Knife and Tool Sharpener

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 pm

I can only imagine the edge this tool puts on a knife. I have heard a few complaints about the old Chef Choice Sharpener since they prematurely 'eats up' the blades when sharpening. I have one as was recommended years ago by Mike 'Tog' and it does the job well enough...but I would not purchase another one. If you watch the History Channel show 'Forged in Fire' you will see ALL the blade smiths use belt sanders for putting a surgical edge on their knives and swords.
EC NEWELLMAN

Return to BOATS/BOATING/ELECTRONICS FORUM