APRIL 29, 2018 - CAPTAIN MONTY HAWKINS: SPRING REEF BUILDING CONTINUES

Fishery Issues, Fishery Management, and the latest Fishery news.

APRIL 29, 2018 - CAPTAIN MONTY HAWKINS: SPRING REEF BUILDING CONTINUES

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:55 pm

The latest from Captain Monty Hawkins on socialized media.....

Took about 6 tons of blocks offshore today to Lucas Alexander's Reef at the Bass Grounds. Most of the weight was in 90 pound blocks donated by Potomac Valley Brick plus an entire pallet of pavers donated by Frank G of Wilmington..

Over 20 tons in 3 trips.. Compared to the 5,000 tons of boulder we'll soon deploy, ain't much. Fishing almost 40 years now though, I can promise it all counts.

Thanks to volunteers Bill, Judy, Rhonda, Rusty, and Daniel - COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THEM! Oh, and then we went fishing.. Sweet!

Have the OC Reef Foundation dinner May 6th at Seacrets.

Twenty years now.. The tradition was begun by Joe Hall Jr & Tony Battista back in 1998.

25 dollars at the door - starts at 4 - LOTS of wonderful art to bid on. A couple of Dean Lo's pieces might get 'forgotten' at my house and never make it to auction! (school of tuna shown here amazing).

Also have some Ward Foundation prints that were donated by Tom H of Ocean Pines.

Had them framed at "The Framing Corner" on Old Bridge Rd - Real Sharp! A surf rod & reel from Atlantic Tackle, a Penn Battle reel from Matt Shoop up at Fenwick Tackle, fishing trips from Captains Kane, McCabe, myself & Tony Battista... More & More - List is growing!

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to REGULATORY/AQUACULTURE