APRIL 28, 2018 - GOMaine COMMERCIAL HANDGEAR POLLOCK & HADDOCK on the fv FINLANDER - 'THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT'

News and fish talk from those in the Commercial fishing Industry.

APRIL 28, 2018 - GOMaine COMMERCIAL HANDGEAR POLLOCK & HADDOCK on the fv FINLANDER - 'THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT'

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am

These captures are from a short video posted by:

** NEW ENGLAND FISHMONGERS **

As you can see as you look through the images, it illustrates a day of hanggear fishing in the GOMaine in which they typically target, and depending on the time of the season: pollock - haddock - redfish on the fv FISHLANDER.

One thing you will notice, and this was from the 2017 season, the use of Penn 113HN Senators...if you want a bulldog of a fishing reel, from what I am told by one of the crew members I speak to, this is it. More important, notice the text-book fish handling as soon as the product is removed from the water. It starts with cutting and bleeding out in the kill box, then to brine and finally to full icing for the remained of the trip.

I have never seen a video show this from start to finish, and it is how a premium product is being caught by handgear fishermen in the GOMaine. Take a moment to look at their website too!

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to COMMERCIAL FISHING FORUM