FEB 15, 2018 - VOYAGER: LATEST FISHING NEWS UPDATE

The place for our Advertisers & Sponsors to converse with their customers, or inform on and about upcoming trips during the season.

FEB 15, 2018 - VOYAGER: LATEST FISHING NEWS UPDATE

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:12 pm

We finally made a cod trip last weekend after many blow-outs through January and February.

The fishing reports were very very poor with boats catching only a fish or two each and sometimes even nothing. After hearing those reports we changed our game plan and hit some deep water wrecks instead of going to Block Island. The fishing was OK with a good number of short cod, a bunch of nice keeper cod, pollock, and white hake. We also had about 150 ling. Not a great trip but better than the reports of the prior day and of the day we were out.

The biggest problem I see is that the trip is NOT repeatable. By this I mean that we cleaned off the wrecks we fished and probably cannot go back for some time. If we do go back, I would guess that the results would not be as good.

With a lot of the wrecks having been fished by us and other boats I don't feel they give us a fair shot at catching much moving forward. Additionally, the traditional fishing around Block has been poor and very sporadic.

These things combined have made me make the decision to cancel the two remaining Block Island/NE Wreck trips. We will also be canceling the two remaining Porgy/Cod trips.

I do apologize for any inconvenience.

If you want to catch cod

I would suggest rolling your money into one of our 1.5 or 2.5 day Nantucket trips available April through August or an April overnight Limited Load cod trip.

You can also use the money for any of our other offshore trips such as Tilefish, Tuna, Sea Bass, or Ling (see schedule) or leave the money on credit for a future trip when you decide. Lastly, you are always more than welcome to request a refund. Whatever you choose please let us know by E-Mail.

We will resume sailing local trips for Cod on Friday March 30 at 5:00AM.

** VOYAGER ** PT. PLEASANT BEACH, NJ - UPCOMING TRIPS

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to ADVERTISERS & SPONSORS ANNOUNCEMENTS-TRIP BOARD