NOV 29, 2017 - NYS DEC COMMERCIAL MEETING YESTERDAY - INFO (CUT ON BSB FOR 2018)

News and fish talk from those in the Commercial fishing Industry.

NOV 29, 2017 - NYS DEC COMMERCIAL MEETING YESTERDAY - INFO (CUT ON BSB FOR 2018)

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

As I was told this morning, yesterday's NYS DEC - Commercial quota meeting once again highlights the issue on full time/part time fishermen and commercial fishermen who exclusively fish within or close to NYS waters.

I was not there, but from what I was told there are a number of issues that anyone holding a NYS FFL should be closely involved in....next meeting date posted below.

Ps... look at far under the commercial landings of BLUEFISH are..... again this illustrates what we have been saying to the deaf-ears of regulators....the waters from the shoreline to offshore have changed so much that it is effecting the migratory pattern of all species migrating fish.

Thanks to the 'source' who forwarded me this info! (and sorry for the quality image here...material for the 2018 Quota Distribution plan can be attained if contacting the NYS DEC office.

Additional Commercial Quota Meeting Notice

Due to concerns that some commercial fishers will be unable to attend the Commercial Quota Meeting on November 28, 2017, a second meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, December 19, 2017.

The purpose of these meetings is to discuss the distribution of New York commercial quota of bluefish, scup, fluke and black sea bass for the 2018 fishing year and propose appropriate open/closed periods and trip limits.

These meetings are your best opportunity to participate in the development of the 2018 commercial quota distribution plans. Final decisions will not be made until after the December 19 meeting.

2nd Commercial Quota Meeting
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Marine Resources Headquarters
205 North Belle Mead Road, Suite 1
East Setauket, NY 11733
For more information, contact:
John Maniscalco at Marine Resources.

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to COMMERCIAL FISHING FORUM