Between the media hype, social media firestorm, the false rumors and the unverified gossip, there is a lot of misinformation floating around out there about the Yankee Capts.
Here are the real facts, straight from the owner-
• The Yankee Capts is fine, zero storm damage. We had a post storm assessment inspection from the local USCG Prevention Department. We had no issues. In fact, the Yankee Capts sits in her slip ready to go on a moment's notice, full of galley food, ice, fuel and bait.
• Key West and Stock Island are fine too. Food, gas and potable water are all available. The “Boil Water” order has been lifted.
• The most severe damage you hear about from the media outlets is in the upper, middle and lower Keys. I won’t speculate or add to the media firestorm. People are dealing with their own damage as needed, but this does not affect businesses (like ours) which are still standing and open.
• Only two open trips were cancelled due to the Hurricane, and two private charters have been rescheduled. All other trips are unaffected. Our cancelled Halfway Ledge trip from 9/14 is currently in the planning stages of being rescheduled for November.
• We are OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Your trip is a go. The severe weather is past us. Our harbor is navigable. We are ready to sail.
Many people have questions regarding trips that are a month away and we promise you at this point, as far the Yankee Capts is concerned, we are back to normal and there is no need to be concerned about your future departure with regards to this storm.
That said, we know that some of you sustained damage from this storm and you have been in our thoughts and prayers as you pick up your pieces and start the process of rebuilding. If you have concerns about your reservation in regards to your current personal situation, please contact the office and Alana will do her best to work with you to get you rescheduled.
People who aren't even Yankee Capts customers have called our office looking for information about how to help. The best way to help the Keys right now is to promote and shop with and utilize the small businesses that thrive down here. Now is a great time to start planning your trip down here. Hotels, shops, services, and venues like the Yankee Capts are all taking reservations for the upcoming season. We all need to find the "New Normal" in the Keys and the best way to get there is bring the business back strong so that their employees can all recover as well.
Solidify your vacation time at work and get your next fishing trip planned TODAY!
Alana is in the office 9-5 to answer questions and help get you booked.