AUG 7, 2017 - A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS AT NIGHT IN SHEEPSHEAD BAY: 'BOOZE' CRUISE HOOLIGANISM WHEN THESE BOATS PULL IN

The 'After The Catch' zone where members can chat on topics that are not fishing related.
Forum rules
Respectful Debate Only!

AUG 7, 2017 - A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS AT NIGHT IN SHEEPSHEAD BAY: 'BOOZE' CRUISE HOOLIGANISM WHEN THESE BOATS PULL IN

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:31 pm

I do not know how many saw the video posted by Aram Dzhamgarian on what has become an all too common sight during weekend nights in Sheepshead Bay.

PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!

It happen on August 6, 2017 at 4am.

To all people who like our jewel of Sheepshead-bay and near by neighbors .

As we all know for passed many years big cruise ships depart from Emmons Avenue with people from other neighborhoods for short time as ( party boat). During this time those congregations brought to the Sheepshead bay nothing but the problems , gun shots, fight and drugs.

Most of the local businesses losses profits and clients because of knowing congregation of uncontrollable amount of people (gangsters).

We all want to walk with our kids and families on Emmons Avenue and fell safe and secure. Owners of local business where most of us have food, hookah and more started to take action regarding most recent incidents that you can see on this video, where 900 people got off of 3 different boats and started the fight.

As you see NYPD officers not taking a lot of actions to come them down.

We will start to gather signatures for petitions to Remove them unconditionally from our Bay. I will keep you updated when he will start the petition.

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/…/bn-more-party-boats-problems…

LETS KEEP OUR NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN AND SAFE...

And please do not attach or connect this incident to racism or anything connected to that, it could happen in other neighborhoods with other ethnicities, race, or communities.

=======================

I would excuse his grammar and spelling, and in this case his tone as he must of been extremely upset as he wrote what he did up above.

This story is nothing new if you live in or near the Bay. In fact, it has been going on for over a decade as a growing dinner/cruise fleet residing on the west end piers has attracted an element that has been involved in incidents where the NYPD was not only been required to send out their marine and aviation unit, but more so, have a small 'task force' at the dock and around the piers to lessen the probability of someone ending up on a gurney in the ER at Coney Hospital, or worse, having their night end by being chauffeured in the morgue wagon.

The situation this season has led to a even more heated stories in the online BKLYNER (which you can receive by email such as I do) on this situation. So far in 2017, the community in and around Emmons Ave. have literally "had it" with not only the noise at night, but street disruptions with lock-jammed and extremely heavy traffic, no parking for residents and scenes which were captured on video of a melee that occurred the other night as some of the individuals on a few of these cruising vessels, "acted out" on the street just off Ocean Ave.

The video can be seen here.....along with the comments.

One of the commenters summed up what has been going on with these events......and this breakdown of civil behavior in New York City....

Yucik Ivy

We live on Emmons Ave. They take all parking in the area, make terrible traffic and when they spread around the area (not only after, but also prior to getting on those boats) they make so much noise (they always have to yell, curse and shout).

Plus our neighborhood turned to garbage because they throw sh*t everywhere. Always smoking weed right on the street. Their almost naked women drunk and stoned barely dragging their feet and kids are looking at them, disgusting! We'll gladly sign the petition.

Everything this person said is true... near naked....pretty close to it and I am not kidding either. In fact what he mentioned is to be expected with boxes of garbage strewn along Emmons Ave, Hennessy bottles along with reusable red cups nearby (one of the stories pointing this out: http://bklyner.com/more-party-boats-mor ... bay-piers/ ) in a hard working and well to do family neighborhood where this is the circus act put on almost each and every weekend when the weather gets warm.

Tempers have flared with the locals to the point where the local assemblyman who has tried to do "something" about controlling the thuggery over the last few years by having the NYPD at the docks, but now has issued the comment below in the post...much in part due to the critical nature that this has reached for the community at large:

Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz

The kind of situation that occurred at 4 a.m. Sunday on Emmons Avenue is totally unacceptable and puts everyone in danger. I've been in touch with the 61st Precinct and Parks Department, and we'll be re-adjusting our strategy to maintain safety and order on and near the piers.

Long term, we may need a more aggressive solution than increased enforcement.

What rankles me is some of the comments about the NYPD "doing nothing" to address the problem. Some have noted about the police just "sitting in their rmps" and watching as the melee grows...only honking their sirens. As many should realize, we are years past 'Giuliani Time' when this type of 'hood' behavior would of been very quickly addressed with the type of enforcement where everyone would learn to both clean up after themselves when street partying, but also exit quietly to their vehicles and returning back to where they came from.

A few weeks ago I was talking to one of the largest party boat owners about what happened in mid July when another incident occurred. He said that evening, the partying went from the piers to across the street to the assisted living Sunrise Home, and the amount of broken glass and cups on the street made one actually watch where they walked when the parked in the angled parking in the Bay. It was pretty bad where I parked, and ended up walking gingerly and hopping around near my car.

This is a pretty sad testament to the scenario we have playing out here in New York City with the "the rich have to pay their fare share guy" ensconced in City Hall. I don't blame anyone for the public anger as seen in most of the comments, since this is not just an unforeseen event that just popped up. It is to be expected, and the local precinct along with the police officers are left to somehow deal with this but not allowed "to do what they have to do." Either way, I doubt this will change in the near future.

So much for the once the most noted FISHING - party boat port on the east coast. This is what now makes news along the docks in Sheepshead Bay.

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: AUG 7, 2017 - A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS AT NIGHT IN SHEEPSHEAD BAY: 'BOOZE' CRUISE HOOLIGANISM WHEN THESE BOATS PULL IN

Postby R SONS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm

a shame .... and shame on the operators . yes it is your responsibility on the vessel , but this is wrong ,
community finally getting on video , its not here say any more ,,, many eyes have been just been opened ,
R SONS

Return to 'SLACK WATER' BOARD