Fishing Modified Metal Spoons!

No boat, no problem! Here is a forum for those who love catching their favorite fish from terra-firma.

Fishing Modified Metal Spoons!

Postby Scuba Chris » Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm

MODIFYING KROCODILE & KASTMASTER SPOONS FOR WHIPPING/SPIN CASTING!

For areas of poor water visibility i use metal fishing spoons to whip. First i enhance the spinning movements by replacing the treble hooks (which causes the spoon to run straighter) with a single hook. Then i add a 1-1/2in glow minnow to better entice a hook-up. Finally i add glow threads as "teasers". The final product is a rotating flashing spoon that can be used both day or night (been using these for years with great success). I prefer using 3/8oz & 1/2oz Krocodile & Kastmaster spoons for shoreline light whipping/spin-casting on a light to med/light rig.

My favorite light casting rig is an Okuma 10'9" T-40X with a Shimano Stradic 3K.

On Kastmaster spoons there's only 1 split ring securing the hook. Use a split ring plier to attach a second split ring on the other end. Then add a ball bearing swivel to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVlckNqkl4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scuba Chris

Return to SURF FORUM