FEB 12, 2018 - VOYAGER: LONG RANGE NORTHEAST WRECKS COD - POLLOCK - HAKE

Fishing reports by our own FISHING UNITED - FIELD REPORTERS.

FEB 12, 2018 - VOYAGER: LONG RANGE NORTHEAST WRECKS COD - POLLOCK - HAKE

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 am

The VOYAGER is back from the 'NORTHEAST of BLOCK ISLAND WRECKS' trip this weekend, and this just happened to be passed over to me by R.M. that was written by one of the customers onboard:

PA BEER GUY - Here it is in a nutshell;

My group of 4 managed 10 cod, 4 pollock and a bunch of ling. I think I heard the boat might have had 60 keeper cod and a couple dozen pollock. Maybe a few more. Finished off on a pile of some monster, tasty ling. Some had to go 3lbs +.Capt took us to the Northeast cod wrecks instead of Block after all the dead reports.
Gamble, I would say, paid off for Capt Jeff. He ran us damn near to Nantucket which is about another hour farther at least. A great crew and always a safe ride on that boat. Maria in the galley can't be beat either, had some tasty chilli and burgers throughout the day.

Bunker Dunker (his son works on the boat)

Was a great trip compared to what the other boats did. I was up in the bow jigging for a good part of the day without a touch. Made the switch to clam and had 4 cod {only 1 keeper} and 25 nice ling. there was a steady pick of cod on a few spot but a lot of "just shorts" and some keeper pollock. Always a great trip with captain and crew and yes Maria sure can cook.

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: FEB 12, 2018 - VOYAGER: LONG RANGE NORTHEAST WRECKS COD - POLLOCK - HAKE

Postby nickh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Nice job salvaging the trip and then some! The gamble "paid off" if you ask me.
nickh

Return to FIELD REPORTS BOARD