DEC 31. 2017 - CAPTAIN OF THE 'BAD INFLUENCE' IN MA. HAS A MIRACLE HAPPEN - A REMINDER ABOUT 2 MAN RULE WHEN CHECKING ON YOUR BOAT DURING THE WINTER

Important breaking news in the fisheries and in the various forums.

DEC 31. 2017 - CAPTAIN OF THE 'BAD INFLUENCE' IN MA. HAS A MIRACLE HAPPEN - A REMINDER ABOUT 2 MAN RULE WHEN CHECKING ON YOUR BOAT DURING THE WINTER

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:07 pm

As noted on a very serious incident that happened the other day....

I'm done...I can't hang on any more...

BOSTON GLOBE: Man rescued after fall into icy Yarmouth river (Best image of the location)

CBS BOSTON: Firefighter, Hotel Clerk Save Man Who Slipped Into Frigid Marina

BARNSTABLE PATCH: Cape Cod Near-Drowning: Good Samaritans Save Life Cape Cod police said a man who fell into the frigid ocean at Skippy's Pier 1 Marina in Yarmouth was rescued by two Good Samaritans.

CAPE COD TIMES: Captains parents thanking rescuers

Jeff Viamari..... Miracle is a perfect way to put it!!! Thanks for the well wishes.

One captain I spoke to this morning said to me that he called his mate who checks on his boat everyday and directly told him not to go down to the dock alone after hearing this news..."I don't care if the boat rolls over with ice...wait for someone else to go to the dock with you...."

Yes a teachable reminder, and thankfully these two men were there to save a life......
EC NEWELLMAN

Re: DEC 31. 2017 - CAPTAIN OF THE 'BAD INFLUENCE' IN MA. HAS A MIRACLE HAPPEN - A REMINDER ABOUT 2 MAN RULE WHEN CHECKING ON YOUR BOAT DURING THE WINTER

Postby Bad Influence » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Tough way to learn a lesson. I hope people can learn from my experience. I'm very lucky to be here today. Thank god for those two men

Capt Jeff Viamari
Bad Influence

Re: DEC 31. 2017 - CAPTAIN OF THE 'BAD INFLUENCE' IN MA. HAS A MIRACLE HAPPEN - A REMINDER ABOUT 2 MAN RULE WHEN CHECKING ON YOUR BOAT DURING THE WINTER

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 am

Jeff...My first post of the New Year.... In my old line of work, I fully understand the meaning of "I'm very lucky to be here today,....count your blessings, and I wish you and your family the best.
EC NEWELLMAN

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS