OCT 21, 2020 - BREAKING NEWS: OFFSHORE WIND JOBS for PARTY BOATS & THE CLOSING OF RICHIES FISHING STATION on WOODCLEFT in FREEPORT - END of the DOROTHY B ERA as CAPT. KEVIN RETIRES

Important breaking news in the fisheries and in the various forums.

OCT 21, 2020 - BREAKING NEWS: OFFSHORE WIND JOBS for PARTY BOATS & THE CLOSING OF RICHIES FISHING STATION on WOODCLEFT in FREEPORT - END of the DOROTHY B ERA as CAPT. KEVIN RETIRES

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Contact Paul B. Forsberg on socialized media...or PM me for his number...

=========================================

From Captain Bob - SEA ROGUE CHARTERS - Long Island....

A sad day. Woodcleft fishing station has closed its doors. The end of an era.

Having grown up in Freeport this fishing station has been the anchor of the nautical mile. It was Charvin’s when I was a kid. Then Woodcleft ever since. So many fond memories throughout the years. It was my go to place for bait, gas and ice. Richie was always there to meet my every need, always with a smile on his face. A true gentleman. In recent years Patti has been a friend of the Sea Rogue.

I’ll miss being greeted by Riley the chocolate lab in the morning. Woodcleft fishing station was a big part of my life. My business. It was part of my routine. My day always started with a stop to gas up, bait up and say hi to the locals. Many friendships were made there. It felt like home. There will always be a place to buy gas. Buy bait. But there will never be another Woodcleft fishing station.

Times change. That’s true. But not always for the better. Thank you Woodcleft for being such a big part of my life.

Attribution: Captain Bob

Last edited by EC NEWELL MAN on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EC NEWELL MAN

Re: OCT 21, 2020 - BREAKING NEWS: OFFSHORE WIND JOBS for PARTY BOATS & THE CLOSING OF RICHIES FISHING STATION on WOODCLEFT in FREEPORT - END OF AN ERA WITH THE DOROTHY B

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 pm

I was told over a week ago that Captain Kevin Bradshaw had sold his party boat DOROTHY B, as he has decided to retire 'FULL TIME' from running his vessel.

Captain Kevin comes from one of the post World War 1 fishing families in Sheepshead Bay, with a number of boats going through the family with one being the original BROOKLYN V which became a DOROTHY B party for a few years until it was sold.

Captain Kevin fished out of Atlantic Highlands Marina for over a decade, and of note was that from his father Walter, through to his daughter (yes he had two), everyone had a hand in the party boat business, one that has lasted 100 years.

Interesting enough, the information I received was the operators in Virginia Beach who sold Captain Kevin the vessel, have bought it back.

Enjoy retirement Captain Kevin....

Through the years.....

EC NEWELL MAN

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS