JUNE 30th - WELCOME TO THE FISHING NEWS LINKS FORUM

A forum dedicated to posting links of FISHING NEWS gathered from various news sources along with MARITIME stories and images from the past.
Forum rules
Fishing News Links, along with Back in the Day Maritime Images will be placed here.

JUNE 30th - WELCOME TO THE FISHING NEWS LINKS FORUM

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 am

This type of forum has been something I have been kicking around for a while after talking to a few people about the news they get from fishing sites. One of them said to me, 'you can no longer keep up with all the information on the internet, due to the amount of sites that have sprung up over the last decade.' As he latter added, 'how much time do you have everyday to look at 10, 15 or more internet sites.'

It did lead to some serious thought from me about how to address this issue, and the funny thing was that the answer was right in front of me, since I daily read websites like DRUDGE which uses this format.

The internet has evolved into what Bill Gates once stated, the only place where you are not limited in reading one newspaper, but figuratively hundreds.....with the caveat, if you only have the time!

I have always believed that what distinguishes one fishing site from another is the information that it can bring the fishermen. Whether it is relevant news on current regulatory issues, historical perspectives and stories of fishing adventures and/or fishermen from the past, or stories and insight on fishing tackle and techniques, FISHING UNITED.COM has made this the foundation of our site.

What you will find here is just the NAME OF THE STORY and the link, that's it!

Using the WEB ADDRESS BUTTON above. all you will see in this forum would be something like this:

Solvkroken vs LAV jigs?

- There is no name to the website
- The Topic Name is actually a link to that website
- Another page will open up with that story

Further discussions if necessary will then be made to the relevant fishing forum on that topic, not inside this forum. This is only a links forum.

I will try to constantly update this forum daily with relevant fishing news, and fishing threads of interest. I do hope this format will be a big help to those who cannot spend their time scanning numerous internet sites throughout their busy day for information about the fishing industry, fishing tackle and fishing reports.

I hope this will be a quick way to make everyone become more aware of the various fishing news that is available on the internet.

EC Newell Man

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: JUNE 30th - WELCOME TO THE FISHING NEWS LINKS FORUM

Postby chunkster » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Disclaimer: Never box or play football alone!
chunkster

Return to FISHING NEWS LINKS & BACK IN THE DAY STORIES & MARITIME IMAGES