APRIL 11, 2018 - SHEEPSHEAD BAY DOCKS: Cymbrowitz Asks For The “Floating Orgy” To Be Investigated on 'party' boats

The 'After The Catch' zone where members can chat on topics that are not fishing related.
Forum rules
Respectful Debate Only!

Re: APRIL 11, 2018 - SHEEPSHEAD BAY DOCKS: Cymbrowitz Asks For The “Floating Orgy” To Be Investigated on 'party' boats

Postby TheDuke » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 am

I'am writing a letter to the editor of this paper that when mentioning "party boats" in an article it should define that there are recreational boats that go fishing which are commonly called party boats and then there are boats that are also called party boats that cater to a social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment. Don't let a newspaper exploit the reputation of fishing party boats to sell papers.
TheDuke

Re: APRIL 11, 2018 - SHEEPSHEAD BAY DOCKS: Cymbrowitz Asks For The “Floating Orgy” To Be Investigated on 'party' boats

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

TheDuke » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 am

I' am writing a letter to the editor of this paper that when mentioning "party boats" in an article it should define that there are recreational boats that go fishing which are commonly called party boats and then there are boats that are also called party boats that cater to a social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment. Don't let a newspaper exploit the reputation of fishing party boats to sell papers.

100% correct The Duke. I myself have seen one too many times the term 'party' boats, and this does accurately describe an inspected vessel - that by its very design takes people fishing while the other is a broad term for a vessel which takes people for a cruise/meal.

The BKYNER has been on top of the stories going on in the Bay, and just recently there was another incident which again will put the "going's on" along those west end piers where these cruising vessels reside. They have been put on notice and it would be best for them to not continue a pattern that draws the attention of the city law enforcement agencies.
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby YankeeCapts » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Orgies? Someone say orgies?

We have those in Key West.

Greg
YankeeCapts

Postby SHOALBUOY » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Wonder if the Kielbasa Queen was involved?
SHOALBUOY

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm

I thought about BKLYNER being the online site that posted this news until I started to wonder....."How would they know about this?"

Seems BUSINESS INSIDER (04.06.18): "I attended one of New York's most exclusive sex parties on a private yacht — and it's not your parents' swingers party"

To wit:

As the cruise around Brooklyn's Sheepshead Bay wound to a close, and passengers downed the last of their free champagne, the captain appeared on deck with news:

The tide was too low, and the boat could not dock for at least another hour.

So, you have to be a captain in the Bay since we know that at the end of the college, there is little water under a decent size vessel at low tide.

This makes sense as for some veracity of the article.

But there is more, and that is on the >> GROUP << which engages in semi-public - in flagrante delicto...

The sexual "play spaces," as they are called - actually just open rooms strewn with mattresses and lights - are set up to accommodate varying levels of comfort.

All the play spaces I saw were located on the upper deck, away from the main party - though with a fairly clear view from the upper deck, where curious couples could go to sip their drinks and cast glances inside.

Now should I be surprised that this goes on....or should you within the progressive confines of the Big Apple?

The captain settled himself in a seat on the stern deck, staring out across the water, his arms draped around two scantily-clad brunettes.

Lovely....and if your from the Bay....

In the city that never sleeps, I can attest that this happens in a number of other places, and more succinctly, docks right off the Manhattan shorelines....the stories one can tell here!

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby fetchdup » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

If that's the direction that business in The Bay is going, some captains may want to go out to the garage and get that old sign that said " Porgys Sailing Daily" and make some minor alterations.
fetchdup

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Oh Fetched Up....the "touchy-feely" sideshow is nothing compared to what I was told after a recent Sheepshead Bay Community Board meeting, a plan which took root a few years back when Bloomers and his traffic-wizard Sadik-Kahn were carving up with city with bike lanes and knocking out both car roadways and parking in order to install bike lanes. "Let's make the Big Apple like many European cities where everyone can bike to get around without any delays and cutting commuting costs....great idea, right?"

From: BKLYNER: Cycling Advocate Makes Case For Emmons Ave Bike Lane, Community Stands Opposed By Ned Berke - December 14, 2011

The bike lane proposal was made public by City Councilman Lew Fidler after receiving the suggestion earlier in the year from constituent Lenny M. (Lenny asked to not have his last name published, fearing harassment from ferocious bike lane opponents).

The plan pushes a marked lane on Emmons Avenue’s eastbound side, from Sheepshead Bay Road to Brigham Street where it would connect to the Plumb Beach bike path.

In addition to perilous angled parking, the double-wide lane lends itself to impatient drivers who illegally pass double parked or turning cars.

Greenway plans were made since that time and bike lanes will somehow be carved through where the fishing-party boats have parking, even with opposition by the local Sheepshead Bay Community Board (and most sane individuals who live or work in the Bay).

I really hope this is not true (and that I am wrong in ever thinking this will happen along Emmons Ave - in the vicinity of the last vestiges of the party boats in the Bay); but in what is noted as one of the greatest cities in the world, nothing surprises me when ultra-progressive politicians get a hold of city hall. One only has to look at what is going on in London these days due to a progressive mayor, and then see the 'chit show' going on at this time (besides the knife attacks) ......London!

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby R SONS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 am

saw on news and just read in courier life brooklyn daily the cruise boats are leaving the bay , three are going to flatbush ave may 1 , other three to brooklyn army terminal .
R SONS

Next

Return to 'SLACK WATER' BOARD