Monster blues

This forum is dedicated to all you love fishing on Party and Charter Boats.

Monster blues

Postby nickh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 pm

So I haven't done this in 15 years and there's just something about catching these things in the hole in the fall at night. Part of the reason I went was to let my son pull on something that pulls back. He's 10 now and ready. Plus the weather was there, blow coming, and they caught during the day. He's caught his share of porgies fluke and seabass but not these big blues. So I decided to go with Matt. Nice boat for a kid. Got to the dock with 25 peeps and we left. Mate told me they had 60 last week! After breaking the inlet we got there in a little over an hour. He had to be going 18. Blew the horn at 9:00 with everyone lined up the starboard side and around the stern. 13 up the side and 12 across the stern. Lol!!! My son and I had the whole length of the bow from the point to the bit. They were getting a few more bites in the stern but losing them at a stupid rate due to tangles, light tackle, braid, or just low IQ. I spooled us up with fresh 40lb pink, newells and heavy rods. We dug our heels in up in the bow and made pretty shorts work of these fish. No walking here. I didn't want get near anybody! Pull and crank! Don't get me wrong at times I felt helpless and couldn't stop some of these fish. They would get in the current and run for their lives. I tried to lock up the drag on a few and they snapped me of easily. When the dust settled at 11:30 my son battled and killed 3 then went to sleep. Then I went to work and hooked up about 25 or so killing 12. Pulled hooks, idiots getting jerked from stern to bow, muscling, mates tied up, etc. accounted for my losses. Turned for home at 11:40 and lost Dale in the horizon. He got there 45 min after us and probably got in at 3. &&&& that! Matt had us at the dock at 1:05 and I was home by 1:35. 2 1/2 hours of that fishing was enough, but I honestly enjoyed it aside from the fact that the inside of my arm is bruised up and my legs hurt. Lol!
nickh

Re: Monster blues

Postby nickh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickh

Re: Monster blues

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Bluefish time in November....really enjoyed the story Nick. The right size blues and that is a good amount of meat there!

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to PARTYBOAT AND CHARTER FORUM