MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Where many of us first started with our love of fishing. Here we share our experiences with future fishermen.

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:50 pm

The YANKEE CAPTS looks great on land, now back in the water and fishing once again....

Marc FISHARK of FISHARK ADVENTURES was with Captain Phil Eastman and passed along that it was not only incredible haddock fishing, but the size of the pollock were really great to pull on. "Some of the fall fishing" he added, and best was the food brought by everyone on this trip. As much from the pics, it looked like a feast in the cabin today for these fishermen on the LADY MERRILEE...

Lobsterman Pete 'UNDY' with one of the most brilliant colored 'Rusty Belly' tog....

EC NEWELL MAN

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks to Frank for passing this very rare pic along of a juvenile monkfish being held by his brother up in the 'yonders' of Cape Cod....

I spoke with Captain Rob of the CAPTRE PRINCESS this afternoon and he said that it's periods of fanatic fishing, to where you have to work for a few fish during a trip. This afternoon customers picked away as schools of rockfish keep moving west as they pass the FI Lighthouse....

Captain Jimmy sent me a pic early this morning of blackfish readings on an inshore drop. Hard to believe, but that drop resulted into a quick limits catch of quality tog way before noon today...

ImageImage

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:00 pm

Someone I know is keeping busy catching one or two of these exciting fighting fish....

Anyone need a used Xactics box cover, slightly used, minor crack in it. Location, Long Beach....

A true BULLDOG tog, one of many caught in the vicinity of MTK PT....

Little by little, Captain Jimmy Walsh getting there for the launching of the AMERICAN CLASSIC out of Lynn, MA....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Would you believe that this crab came out of the Shrewsbury.....

A big tip for those who target tog....Montauk fishing is as good as you can ask for right now...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:12 pm

After hearing from Bobby OE TACKLE about the size of the bluefish around in the NY-NJ BIGHT, plus they are mixing with the stripers right now. Here Captain Kenny on the CAPTREE PRIDE is on to top of another big school of stripers passing off of Fire Island....

It sure looks like pretty solid tog fishing on the JAMES JOSEPH charter boat, with everyone going home with full bags of fillet...

It continues to get closer and closer for Captain Jimmy Walsh and the AMERICAN CLASSIC, working into the dark to get her re-certified by the USCG....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:11 pm

I like to thank Perry-O for passing these pics along taken on the LADY FLAMINGO a few days ago while striped bass fishing off of Sea Bright, except big blues just showed up out of nowhere. In the pics, the bigger fish for Perry was weighted in at 14 lbs, the other half that weight and you can see the size of them in the barrel. Bobby OE TACKLE was there and he said those who stuck with a plain jig caught bass, and those who used a tube on their jig caught bluefish....

Captain Jimmy of the JAMES JOSEPH was out today in some very sloppy weather. The rain and wind made it snotty, but the tog bit to the point where I did see multiple limits made by those who came down to fish with Captain Jimmy....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Captain Jason Colby of LITTLE SISTER charters, Westport, MA., called me yesterday and told me "it's a wrap for 2020!"

Yesterday, I pulled Little Sister out of the water for the season. A very sad day indeed BUT I have soooo much other work to do with my other job that I had to end the season a bit too early. Sorry if you didn't get in on the sensational tog fishing we experienced right down to Thursday's trip (11/12/20) where we had started off with an 18 inch minimum and worked our way up from there.

In the last hour we were sending 20 inch fish back, looking only for monsters as the bite was on and the fish were BIG! Steve, Brian, Dalton, John and Ron all went home with at least 10 pounds of fillets and they let me have some as well.

It's always sad to end the season and now we can start planning and looking forward to next season. Speaking of which, this is the 2nd notice that I have my 2021 book and I am taking reservations for Quincy Flounder fishing for mid May through June.

My next writing here will be the 2020 Recap in about a month from now. Be sure to look for it! Of course you can always write me directly.....

Thank you for the GREAT Season!

Captain Jason Colby
Little Sister Charters
fishinglsister@aol.com

Captain Jimmy of the JAMES JOSEPH sent over a 'back in the day' imagine with the notation : Jigging bass and cod on Shagwong on December 2, 1972. Young Jimmy at 7 years old is on the left....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 pm

It has been a while, but in speaking with Captain Steve of TOP HOOK charters, MTK, the black fishing right now is as good as you can ask for, and mind you that this is in fishing at very reasonable depths. It is so good, that you can up the minimum size keeper limit to 18 inches, and still make a very easy limit in short order....

Good black fishing continues for Captain Jimmy on the JAMES JOSEPH....

Captain Jimmy also sent this pic over the other day while striped bass fishing. What the rockfish spit up was a complete surprise, especially at this time of the year. Yes that is a 'Look Down' and I have not heard of any being caught in Long Island Sound....

We here at FISHING UNITED .com do fancy seen extra large specimens being caught by fishermen, and here is one caught on Captain James Foley of the HAMPTON LADY the other day. Many over estimate the weight of a big biscuit, but this one is clearly one of the largest you may see around the northeast region...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 pm

More from Captain Steve Withuhn of TOP HOOK charters, MTK, as I have been passing along about some really top notch tog fishing south and east of the MTK. PT. at this time - but I should add when vessels are able to get out...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 pm

In speaking with Captain Kenny of the CAPTREE PRIDE, each trip holds surprises in what comes over the rail. One day big stripers, next big bluefish and then schools of just under-sized slot rockfish. He doesn't know how much longer this will last with the bass and bluefish passing off Fire Island....

As a number of fishermen know in the NY-NJ BIGHT, you do have to work for your limit of tog, but the HUNTER continues to put together decent trips between the weather windows at this time of the season....

EC NEWELL MAN

PreviousNext

Return to KIDS FISHING FORUM