Fishing Camp 2014- Week #1

Where many of us first started with our love of fishing. Here we share our experiences with future fishermen.

Fishing Camp 2014- Week #1

Postby crabcake » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:36 am

It's amazing how quickly time has passed. It felt like it was yesterday that I was writing up last year's posts. Anyhow, our first week has come and gone with all of the campers having a good time while learning some new tricks. After our opening day seminar with Danny V. At Causeway on Monday, we fished 3 different areas with very similar results. At Captree, Pt. Jeff, & Freeport , my campers were treated to very good action with smaller fish (some very small), but our last 2 drifts at Freeport yesterday left us optimistic. In short order, we boated a handful of nice keepers with better quality shorts being caught in a "new" area. Keepers or not, our goals were met. The kids enjoyed themselves and I'm very happy that I ignored the weatherman yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crabcake

Re: Fishing Camp 2014- Week #1

Postby crabcake » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 am

A few more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crabcake

Postby Bbassin1420 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Chris....u do a really great thing over there with that camp.....a lot of these kids probably would never be introduced to fishing if it wasn't for u........kids these days, are more involved in the iPads, or smart phones, or video games.........you see less and less little guys on the boats....kids look really happy in the pics,
Bbassin1420

Postby Hawkboat » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Bbassin1420 wrote:Chris....u do a really great thing over there with that camp.....a lot of these kids probably would never be introduced to fishing if it wasn't for u........kids these days, are more involved in the iPads, or smart phones, or video games.........you see less and less little guys on the boats....kids look really happy in the pics,

Ditto..Great Job Chris :!:
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Postby crabcake » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
crabcake

Return to KIDS FISHING FORUM