Kids Hit the Gag Grouper!!

Where many of us first started with our love of fishing. Here we share our experiences with future fishermen.

Kids Hit the Gag Grouper!!

Postby Hawkboat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 am

I recieved an e-mail from my buddy Capt Chick who had a 3/4 day trip with some kids and there Aunt. Reading this I can only imagine how these kids got rocked up a few times before getting the hang of REEL> REEL> REEL :!: But I am sure knowing the good Capt for many years now he taught the kids the proper way and it shows. Lots of grouper fingers for dinner! Great job by the kids and the Captain :!:

Here is the e-mail:

Attached see a photo of today's fishing trip. Kids, 10,12,14, 18 & their aunt who is an outdoor sports writer. The kids landed some awesome gag grouper, not to mention the beasts that got away. CAPT CHICK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Re: Kids Hit the Gag Grouper!!

Postby Crazy Alberto » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

That's absolutely awesome! Do you know how they prepared it? Yummy! :)
Crazy Alberto

Re: Kids Hit the Gag Grouper!!

Postby Hawkboat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Lots of ways to prepare that, cut the fat ends into fingers and batter fry, blackened, Poached with fresh veggies, thin fillets you can use for Florentine. Anything your heart desires really. Try it like veal oscar but use any fish instead of veal...out of this world!! Even better with Anerican Red Snapper...
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Return to KIDS FISHING FORUM