Nice day with a new friend

Where many of us first started with our love of fishing. Here we share our experiences with future fishermen.

Re: Nice day with a new friend

Postby ELIASV » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am

Awesome story Frank. I still feel like that when I get out to the ocean with some of these guys. I don't do too much bottom fishing in the ocean and when I get out on these deep wrecks for Sea Bass and stuff I am drooling just like that kid probably was.
ELIASV

Postby JTHUNDER107 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am

great read
JTHUNDER107

Postby snookterry@gmail.com » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

WOW YOU ARE THE MAN. THIS IS WHAT THE GOOD LIFE IS LIKE. GREAT POST GOOD JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING AND YOU WRE REWARDED LOVE .KIDS ARE GREAT. SOOKIE
snookterry@gmail.com

Postby Capt. Rick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm

That is a great job Frank. In today's world from what I've seen, to pull a 15 year old away from
the video games to acutally go outside and do something is a rarity.... Good to know there are a few kids around who are remotely interested in fishing!! Your story brings back a great memory of mine. Probably like 20 years ago or more (man am I getting old), like you, i would take one of my sons friends out with me fishing, he was just nuts over it - he was around 12 years old. We fished together a few times that summer, then kind of drifted apart. Recently I am on the LIRR riding back to LB from Manhattan and a 30 year old handsome guy comes up to me and says hello. I give him a look like who the hell are you.... He says Rick, its BEN.... It hit me then who this was, he touched on our fishing trips and related how much fun we had..... Wow, walked off the train reminiscing. Great thing your doing, keep it up and enjoy....Unreal that the kid offered to help clean up the boat and even offer you $ - unbelievable !!! His parents did a great job raising him.
Capt. Rick - MISS BERYL CHARTERS
516 359 6462 - www.missberyl.com
Capt. Rick

Postby Crazy Alberto » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm

This is the kind of stuff heros are made off. My hat goes off to you and I am just happy that there are special people like you around to share the passion and our sport. More importantly, you ignited the kid's heart and made his dream alive. I am sure! Congrats and THANK YOU so much for sharing this great story!

Not to take any thunder away from Dr. Evil - This story also reminds me of a young kid who attended one of my seminars....the kid was 15 years old and his dad introduced him to me. I knew this kid was possessed with this so called fishing desease...and expressed the desire to fish with me - but I told him I would only take him if his school grades were above par, and that his dad would give me the permission to fish with me for a night. Dad tells me he is a "A" student ... and I kept my promise. To make a long story short.... here is Matty and his personal best. He is now 22 and getting his captain license. It's amazing how this little gesture would change their course of life. ;)

All in all, Dr. Evil story is priceless, and this is the kind of stuff that puts a smile in everybody's face. Again...Thanks for making my day! :D Image
Crazy Alberto

Previous

Return to KIDS FISHING FORUM