MAR 9th - YANKEE CAPTAINS - 'SKIPPERS CHOICE' CHARTER for FISHING UNITED.COM

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Re: MAR 9th - YANKEE CAPTAINS - 'SKIPPERS CHOICE' CHARTER for FISHING UNITED.COM

Postby peterk814 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Good to hear Steve-

For the raffle i will be including a full set of CM hammered diamond jigs (5 in total one of each size), assorted octopus skirts, and two packs of assist hooks. All in told about a 80 dollar value.
peterk814

Re: MAR 9th - YANKEE CAPTAINS - 'SKIPPERS CHOICE' CHARTER for FISHING UNITED.COM

Postby YankeeCapts » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 am

Except to be doing mostly drifting. 10-14 ounce jigs should be the ticket.

If Steve "is nice to me" we will give the halibut grounds a shot! :lol:

Caught number 15 the other day, 44 inches. As long as we can drift we have averaged one each day.

Should be back around 7-8:00 PM Friday night. I believe the WW company I share the dock with has a cruise that night so the parking lot will be a disaster. Best to park in the street, go get some dinner and hold tight. I will sort it out between 9-10:00 PM.

I will be around till 10:00 PM tonight.

Greg
YankeeCapts

Postby Hawkboat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:15 am

Not to derail this thread but what kind of setup do you use for halibut? This being a multi day trip how many are you allowed to keep?

BTW guys best of luck on the trip you got some crew there.
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Postby Fishin4Fun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:37 am

After being on last weeks charter if anyone needs a last minute replacement I am avaolable... :D
Fishin4Fun

Postby Jfish » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 am

Shame on you :lol: . You shoould still have a full freezer from last week :lol: .

Bill- no special tackle required for the Halibut. Same stuff that we use for Cod Jigging :D .
Jfish
Jfish

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:51 am

Joe, should be seeing you on Thursday....send me a PM with your address.

DIRECTIONS

To Gloucester, Massachusetts-

Rose's Marine

425 Main St., Gloucester Ma 01930

Our new dockage is located at Rose's Marine, 425 Main St., Gloucester Ma 01930.

Take Interstate 95 to Route 128 North.

Follow Route 128 North all the way to Gloucester.

Go straight through the 1st roundabout/rotary (by taking second exit) to continue following 128 North.

Go straight through the 2nd roundabout/rotary (by taking second exit) to continue following 128 North. At first set of lights, bear right onto Eastern Ave, MA-127.

At stop sign, bear right, merge with Main St. Rose's Marine is on the left, directly across from Hess Gas station.

HIGHWAY - COMING FROM CT., NY., NJ

95 TO 91 AT NEW HAVEN

91 TO 84 IN HARTFORD

84 TO MASS PIKE 90 (TOLLS) RIGHT INTO 95

This should cut the drive down from taking 95 straight from the GW Bridge.

From Boston Area

From Route 128 to Rose's Marine

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

Bill, John said it best as far as the HALIBUT tackle...Years back it was a Red or Black 4/0 or 6/0 Senator with 60 or 80 lb Pink Ande line...that was it when there were still a few halibut around. These days, most halibut are more modestly sized and any reel with a 4/0 gear and drag system works fine.

The trick is to drift over an area where there are a few halibut to jump on your jig.
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby Jfish » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 am

You got that right Steve. Guy's please leave as early as possible. Last week the drive from my house in Westchester was supposed to be 3 - 3 1/2 hours. Easily wound up being close to 4 1/2 - 5 hrs. the traffic was pure murder.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Hawkboat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Should have asked rigging instead of tackle, I know you need something hefty reel wise, like a winch ;)

I once saw what was a huge bucktail, probably about 2 pounds tipped with a strip bait very much like fluking used up in Alalska on Schoolmans trip, thats why I asked.

That buckatil look like it was on steriods. :shock:

Maybe Greg can answere how many, I know it's one per day per boat but you guys are doing multiple days so does that increase your bag limit?
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Postby Fishin4Fun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Jfish wrote:Shame on you :lol: . You shoould still have a full freezer from last week :lol: .

Bill- no special tackle required for the Halibut. Same stuff that we use for Cod Jigging :D .

I do!!! But I'm like a junkie!!! :P
Fishin4Fun

PreviousNext

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD