Openings for the Celtic Quest Charter New Date Feb 28th 3AM Montauk NY

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Re: Openings for the Celtic Quest Charter New Date Feb 28th 3AM Montauk NY

Postby Torskman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:13 pm

There is a bluebird forecast for tomorrow. The angry seas will settle today... setting up for the perfect catch as these drops haven't been hit in over a week. JFish, pink & green in grubs and tubes will go well with your outfit. I'm bringing my camera so please...please... look presentable for the world media :? :? :? I'll buy some Cannolis for our team CQ :D :D
A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for...
Torskman

Postby dkuf811 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Good to see Capt Rick and Stevie T are on this trip.

As far as bringing something to eat and drink.

If you want to bring something extra,that is great,but for the most part everyone is on there own for food and drink.

Al I left Harvey a voice mail about the hotel.
And there is coffee on the boat!!!

It will be great finally getting out again and seeing the guys again!!! :D

Boat leaves at 3AM
DanK
dkuf811

Postby longhunter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 pm

I made two different kinds of BBQ Pork. One shaved with Carolina Sauce the other shredded Dutchy Style (sweet). I'll run out and get Rolls. There's enough for everybody.

longhunter
longhunter

Postby togilator » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:53 pm

longhunter wrote:I made two different kinds of BBQ Pork. One shaved with Carolina Sauce the other shredded Dutchy Style (sweet). I'll run out and get Rolls. There's enough for everybody.

longhunter

Dennis since there is enough for everybody,I will be on the Bluefin IV tommorow with 5 other friends.I will be prepared with a long net so you can pass some BBQ pork sandwiches to us when we pull up! :lol:

Just think you can do Block Island sound catering! :mrgreen:

Catchem up guys,hopefully the swell will die down and there is barrels of codfish for all.

Rob
togilator

Postby longhunter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm sitting here at my computer and getting my gear ready for Montauk tomorrow. New top shots, tying rigs, wiping everything down, you know the drill and my Wife says to me;"Your Not going Fishing, Are You?" You see, I've been very sick this week and am feeling kind of weak. As usual, I ignored her comments and changed the subject.

This reminded me of George Carlins rant on Aging.....Enjoy!

Enjoy the ride. There is no return ticket.

George Carlin on aging!
(Absolutely Brilliant)
IF YOU DON'T READ THIS TO THE VERY END, YOU HAVE LOST A DAY IN YOUR LIFE. AND WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, DO AS I AM DOING AND SEND IT ON.

George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

'How old are you?' 'I'm four and a half!' You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

'How old are you?' 'I'm gonna be 16!' You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life! You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony.YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you'rePUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50, and your dreams are gone...

But! wait!! ! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH50, and make it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that, it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's, and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST92.'

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. 'I'm 100 and a half!'
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3.Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's family name isAlzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND, ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
And, if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally used up and worn out, shouting
'...man,what a ride!'

longhunter
longhunter

Postby Jfish » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Really looking foward to seeing/fishing with everyone again. Ice Fishing has been great but theres nothing like hitting the ocean :D . Dennis, as always is extremely generous beyond compare. And as for Mr. Torskman :D . I'll have you know that i always look my best for a Fishing Trip :lol: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Torskman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

Nothing like hooking up with old friends and laughing until we all cry....

First trip on the new CQ - class act with Capt Desi and Capt Amanda - couldn't have asked for a better day as the seas were not angry. Desi provided many laughs throughout the day and took the usual ball busting in good humor :? :?

Dan, thanks for organizing and what a great time was had by all :D :D :D . It was great meeting new folks as well!!! What struck me was that everyone had on a different hoody with a different boat name, but in the long run, we all support the industry and have fun along the way. The new CQ is a winner for sure!

It's always great to fish with a crowd that has some experience rather than your typical open boat. Will certainly be back out of the Pt. Jeff port for the spring run :D :D Was certainly impressed with Capt. Desi's appetite - as he didn't miss a bite all day :roll: . Just need to expand the galley a little bit.

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for...
Torskman

Postby dkuf811 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Great to see everyone that went on the trip yesterday. We had plenty of laughs out there for sure. We left the dock at 3am and headed toward the fishing grounds. The fleet was all there. Unfortunately the fish were nowhere to be found. Capt Desi moved from drop to drop with no fish anywhere. All the boats were in the same situation. And it was not for lack of trying.

Around 10 AM or so Capt Desi asked if we wanted to head in because nobody was catching( only 2 fish in the whole fleet) and he wasn't marking bait or anything. He gave us the option if we wanted to head in with a partial refund of the trip. I asked around the boat and not one person said to stay and were all in agreement to head in. Of course we know that about the time we hit the dock around 12:30 or so. The fish started to turn on.
We were out for about 9 hours and Capt Desi gave out discounts on a future trip. It totaled about $1500 he gave back. He could have chalked it up to a bad day of fishing and not done anything and it could have been a real tough day or we could have stayed and been part of the catch that occurred. It was our option and chose to head in because it was that bad. In hindsight we made the wrong decision ,but at the time we were all in agreement. Thanks to Capt Desi and Capt Amanda and Capt Paul for all their efforts during this trip. Thanks to Harvey and Al who supplied bagels Cream Cheese for the boat as well as bottles of water and Dennis Longhunter for the pulled pork sandwiches anyone else who brought stuff to share.
DanK
dkuf811

Postby nickh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Ouch! :o With all the time money and organization was it worth bagging the whole thing to get fifty bucks back? :? In my past experiences with the same situation you stay out til' regular quitting time and still get a small refund. Time doesn't cost anything once you're out there. It's all hindsight now, but the right thing would have been to fish til' quitting time and then 20 bucks back a man if you still had squat at the end of the trip. Where I worked we always gave something back if the day was a hack. It's just the right thing to do. ;)
nickh

Postby longhunter » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:43 pm

They slammed the Cod all week and Friday & Saturday was lock and load. SUNDAY was another bust. That's Fishing. Consensus was unanimous to call it a day among paying fares. Don't blame the Captain.

longhunter
longhunter

PreviousNext

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD