TRIP POSTPONED!!! NEW DATE FEB 28TH !Celtic Quest Cod Charter Montauk NY

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Re: TRIP POSTPONED!!! EITHER FEB 28TH OR MARCH 7TH PLEASE VOTE!!Celtic Quest Cod Charter Montauk NY ALL INFO IS ON PAGE 1

Postby Torskman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Dan for all of your hard work... too bad, but the right call was made. Buoy showing predicted 8 ft seas when combined with a frozen spray, and temps in the teens... well, I'll go into my fetal position under my down blanky.... Unfortunately, both dates are no go for me.

Again, thanks - and let's keep things positive all around here boys
A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for...
Torskman

Re: TRIP POSTPONED!!! EITHER fEB 28TH OR MARCH 7TH PLEASE VOTE!!Celtic Quest Cod Charter Montauk NY ALL INFO IS ON PAGE 1

Postby dkuf811 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:03 am

daddy0 wrote:Dan, Was looking forward to fishing Montauk ,It would have been my first time . I was eager to ,in my mind at least, relive the stories told to me as a very young boy by my grandfather and much older cousins.
My intent to fish Montauk remains ,but as a result of a recent HOAX perpetrated by Desi and others,with no regard for the paying fishermen that must travel substantial distances and incur considerable expenses.

His failure to post nothing more than a cookie-cut response claiming the Charter master forced him to play along has seriously eroded my confidence of his integrety

I look forward to my refund and will fish Montauk with my hard earned money on some other vessel

I thank You for all your efforts organizing the charter

Joe
First off I am sorry you feel that way. And as Serge has posted Dont bring what happens on other boards to this board. If you have a problem because of something that happened ELSEWHERE then keep it there!
And also Please don't question the integrity of Capt Desi . Someone you have never met or spoken to.
DanK
dkuf811

Re: TRIP POSTPONED!!! EITHER FEB 28TH OR MARCH 7TH PLEASE VOTE!!Celtic Quest Cod Charter Montauk NY ALL INFO IS ON PAGE 1

Postby dkuf811 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 am

OK let's get back on topic here.
It looks like it's going to be the 28th of Feb.. I have about 8 or so that called and want that date also. Although i'll still give it till the end of the week or till I hear from everyone.

We will probably have 10-15 spots opening up for the new date.
I will start a new thread for the trip.
I will talked with Bernadette in the CQ office later today and give her the list of the guys that need refunds.
DanK
dkuf811

Postby KRINGO64 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am

Dan, Put me on the list for 2/28/10, tell the CQ office I won't need a refund. If by chance something changes, I will call Desi and use the fare for another day, I'm definately going with him a few times in Feb anyway. Again, thanks.........Kevin R
KRINGO64

Re: TRIP POSTPONED!!! EITHER fEB 28TH OR MARCH 7TH PLEASE VOTE!!Celtic Quest Cod Charter Montauk NY ALL INFO IS ON PAGE 1

Postby jamesjr94 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am

daddy0 wrote:Dan, Was looking forward to fishing Montauk ,It would have been my first time . I was eager to ,in my mind at least, relive the stories told to me as a very young boy by my grandfather and much older cousins.
My intent to fish Montauk remains ,but as a result of a recent HOAX perpetrated by Desi and others,with no regard for the paying fishermen that must travel substantial distances and incur considerable expenses.

His failure to post nothing more than a cookie-cut response claiming the Charter master forced him to play along has seriously eroded my confidence of his integrety

I look forward to my refund and will fish Montauk with my hard earned money on some other vessel

I thank You for all your efforts organizing the charter

A Hoax perpetrated by Desi? I think not. I think Desi doesnt want people to drive from Jersey,pennsylvania,and other areas, take them out in screaming Northwest or North Wind, Get thier brains beat in, Cause damage to his new boat and have to take days off to do costly repairs,So either use your refund as a credit or take it back but in no way is this a Hoax. With this call being made it seems desi has the most regard for the fishermen that were scheduled on this trip, You said youve never fished montauk and with the forecast for the weekend this wouldnt be the weekend to start.
mother,mother ocean I have heard you call
jamesjr94

Postby KRINGO64 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 am

And by the way DaddyO, your obviously not a customer of Desi's. If you were, you would see how silly your question about his integrity sounds, I trust you will retract your statement........KR
KRINGO64

Postby bluefish69 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:29 am

Dan

Sorry your hard work had to go down the tubes. I have been listening to the wind all night and knew this trip was not a go. I am sorry but I will not be making the 2 other dates. I can try again next year. I could have had my Eye Surgery today and postponed for 2/12. My day is cut out for me o
unloading the truck, I had 75lbs of Jigs + tackle in there. I have to box some & ship there out to the people who wanted them.

See You at Eastman's

Mike
Show me a man with both feet on the floor and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants on.
bluefish69

Postby andrewotb » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:05 pm

MY TWO CENTS
First keep in mind that Desi probably did not devise that HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second I am sure he was aware of it and was in on it.
Third the joke did not last all that long and in reality did not inconvience anyone.
I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD BLAME DESI
Any blame should go to your fearless leader who is so proud to be banned from all theses other sites.
IF YOU FEEL SO STRONGLY BAN YOURSELF FROM HIS SITE!

Andrew
andrewotb

Postby Hawkboat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Ok guys..the trip was canceled but please keep this civil and not turn this into a rant about what happens else where.

What ever some opinions are on the way things were handled else where has nothing to do with this site, NOR WILL IT EVER!

Dan had done a great job handling a tough call because of weather and IMHO the person running the show is the one to communicate with what ever boat the charter is on.

Hopefully there will be another charter for those wanting or able to fish those dates.

Think about this for second, Capt Des lost not one but 2 charters becuase of this weather and possibly a 3rd trip as well, resulting in a lot of lost money. At least he has the intergrity to refund your hard earned money rather then offer a credit for another trip which is policy on some other boats.
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Postby CELTIC QUEST » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm

First off and most importantly....a BIG THANK YOU to Danny for all your work! Many of you see all the time he puts in on this thread, but that doesnt include the dozens of phone calls with our office keeping things up to date.

Sorry Danny that all your work was for nothing here. Lets hope we can get a better day next time! I was really looking forward to fishing with all of you. It was a great cast of characters assmebled for this trip.

So thanks again to all who tried to put this trip together and lets keep our fingers crossed for the next one. We will be working in the next few days to issue refunds to whomever wants one or crdits for those of you who can hopefully make the next trip. We should have this pretty much squared away by the beginning of next week. Not to worry.

Lastly, it sad to see that I have been thrown under the bus over a charter arranged on Marcs site. With a forecast of a FULL GALE and then some!!!! Marc really wanted to get a few laughs out of his gang and say the trip was till on. He asked me to play along...saying he would only let it go on for a half hour and that he was going to call anyone from way out of town to make sure they knew it was a joke on some of his friends he felt like spoofing.

His joke went on for less than an hour and many got a great laugh out of it. To see that some are so upset over such an innocent spoof, well just know it was never meant to hurt anyone.

If you were offended in any way, then I am sorry. The rest is between you, your gang of friends who were on this charter and Marc himself. How you all conduct yourselves together, joke with one another and correspond over the internet has nothing to do with me.

Ashame to loose customers of all this. And lets leave it at that.
FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE PLEASE FEEL
FREE TO CONTACT US AT:

HELP@FISHINGUNITED.COM

CELTIC QUEST
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD