MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 pm

In speaking with Captain Greg of the YANKEE CAPTS who got in this morning and passed along that the big fish were biting on this trip, and one can see a very nice variety of demersal and a few pelagic species. That is one nice Warsaw Grouper...

EC NEWELL MAN

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:37 am

This extremely special deepwater fish, an Opah was caught by Barnegat longliner Alexandria Dawn. The pic was originated by Dale S. son on socialized book, and now in the APP paper. Thanks for sending this one over, and we should add that one or two have been caught on the VOYAGER on their long range tilefish trips....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Marc from FISHARK ADVENTURES was fishing out of EASTMAN's DOCK today and landed his largest, and we have to say, one of the largest Acadian Redfish we have seen a picture of....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:35 am

Captain Jason of LITTLE SISTER charters - Westport, MA., sent me this report last evening, and it seems this is the first images of a few 'bulldogs' of the summer 2020 fishing season. He also passed along this report:

Today I had out "Benji The Fished" (Not the hunted one) and in addition to sea bass limits all around, we also had tog limits;...nice ones as well! The tog were 5-8 pounds, perhaps a little larger and that, gives us another option for when we limit on sea bass "too quickly." For the remainder of the year (as available), I will carry crabs with me on our inshore trips to help us fulfill that extra option.

A funny thing happened after we had all the sea bass and tog we could handle. The fish left the boat with the charter and I was waiting for a kid to get me the gas hose on the gas dock. We had spent an hour and a half trying to catch a slot bass before the trip was over and we only caught a bunch of shorts but no sooner do the people leave I'm waiting for the gas and I mark a couple of bass on the machine so I put on a bait and BINGO, 32 inch slot bass while cleaning the boat!

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Mix and match inshore and offshore fishing with Captain Steve of TOP HOOK charters - MTK as he has knee-deep biscuit readings on are near the bottom and chum mackerel above them. The other day he had another successful shark charter, and for those who like to shark in flip flop and a tank top, this is the time to go...

This may be a first out of Sheepshead Bay, but the MARILYN JEAN had a morning and then night caught 'RED' Drum - which unlike the Black Drum we do see in and around June in our area, catching a Red Drum is a pretty unique feat for not one party boat, but for any vessel to have done in our area...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:33 am

Captain Greg and the YANKEE CAPTS continues to make great fishing moments for those onboard. Take a good look at those bottom fish readings, and you can see why people need more than one cooler for their catch....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:32 am

Captain Joe of the KING COD informed me that he took a steam from Moriches for the 'King of all Ling Charters' and multiple baskets of great eating red hake and biscuits were harvested. Summer ling fishing will not only keep a mate busy at the cutting table but also definitely fill both coolers and your home frig at this time of the season...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Summer Cod on the Ledge with Captain Jason Colby of LITTLE SISTER charters...

Today on Coxes Ledge...

John was the stud today with a fair number of the cod filling the box today. We not only had cod, but we also caught: flounder, sculpins, bergalls (G2F calls them "tilapia"), scup, sea bass, ocean pout, pollack and no sooner did I say "hey, we didn't get any dogfish today" when we got the only one not 5 minutes later. What was absent was the mahi. For the first time in the past couple of decades there were no lobster highfliers so we did not stop to fish for mahi at all!

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:58 am

Thanks to Marc FISHARK for passing this along of a very rare award for a fisherman, an IGFA world record, especially when caught by someone you know....

This image was sent over this morning of a 175 lb porbeagle that was fought by Cliff to the boat before being gaffed by mate Danny on the latest VOYAGER - Nantucket fluke/haddock/cod long range adventure this past weekend...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Captain Jason Colby of LITTLE SISTER charters, continues targeting quality size biscuits...

EC NEWELL MAN

PreviousNext

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD