Possibly Another Pulley Ridge Trip on the Yankee Capts

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Possibly Another Pulley Ridge Trip on the Yankee Capts

Postby Hawkboat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

I just posted this on the Florida Sportsman about another Pulley Ridge trip'

Rather then register there to follow the thread I will keep you posted if this works out.
No Dates are firmed up yet, just trying to see if there might be any interest.

BTW Greg has posted his report on the Yankee Capts. home page

http://www.yankeecapts.com/

Just thinking to myself what Capt Greg had posted on the other thread about doing and trip like this.

If anyone who might interested please read this and send Greg a mail or post your name here.

Nothing is firm about a date at this time but rest assured Greg will pick the best date concerning moon phases etc.

Let me be perfectly clear on this---I am not running this trip as private charter! As of today 8/5 ~~The trip will be considered a limited with a max of 18

Everything will still go through Capt. Greg if there is enough interest.

Here was his post from the other thread so think about it guys.

I can tell you this first hand.

First off though no one will believe this but I did fish, twice. Why? Evaluation purposes only.

I caught a grey tile in 900 hundred and a snowy grouper in 600 hundred. With the right rod/ reel it was easy. I tried a Okuma Makaira and a Penn Baja. Both were excellent and will recommend those reels exclusively. They were beasts. All you do is take it slow and steady. Takes about 5 minutes in 600 and 8 minutes in 900.

I am thinking the next trip will be run like this-

3 Day Trip

Depart 8:00 PM Thursday night.

Start fishing sunrise on Friday and go till a hour before sunset. Anchor up for the night or drift with the sea anchor.

Start fishing Sunrise again on Saturday and fish till sunset and steam home. Back at the dock around 7:00 AM on Sunday. If we need to we can make a mutton drop or two after the sun goes down also. If we do we can still get in a reasonable hour.

Limited to 18 passengers.

From what I saw and what we caught a third day is just overkill. This was our first trip though so we tweak as we go along here.

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...#ixzz2b1NM581T

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/show ... z2b1Ts5RyO
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Re: Possibly Another Pulley Ridge Trip on the Yankee Capts

Postby Hawkboat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Being Greg is on a small vacation please contact the office with any questions as per request on the Y/C Facebook page

Dates are still up in the air but cost is 550 and booked through the office this time.

Thanks
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD