Viking TNT Charter

Join the Fishing United Community!! This is the board for groups to arrange charters onboard your favorite Party or Charter Boat! Open to ALL members to use.

Viking TNT Charter

Postby Jfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 am

A Giant Kudos goes out to Capt"s Steve Sr. Steve Jr. Carl, and of course Orla for helping to put this trip together. They not only gave us a great deal, but removed one of their scheduled trips in order to accommodate us, and give us these prime time dates.

TNT= Tuna and Tile, and everything in between. This is hands down one of my favorite adventures. On this very special Charter we should expect to see any and possibly all of the following: YFT/LFT/SWORDFISH/MAHI/TILEFISH/WRECKFISH/BARRELFISH/
HAKE/SQUID. We may also encounter Big Eye Tuna and Mako Shark as well, you just never know.

We will definately make an effort to put a few Swords on the Boat during our nighttime fishing.

Here's the details:

Depart: Sunday September 9th at 9:00 p.m.

Return: Wednesday September 12th at 9:0 p.m.

Cost: $635.00 per person (Not Including Gratuity or Fish Cleaning)

Boat: Viking Star

Note: This trip is limited to 19 Friends plus myself. I am not paying on this one and i want everyone to know that up front.

While no two of these trips are alike. Here's a general description of what you can expect

Daytime: We normally start off the day on the troll, looking for Tuna. Depending upon the current conditions and the Tuna Bite, we will switch off between Tuna Trolling/Jigging and Deep Drop fishing for bottom species. We may also hit up a few pots for Mahi. The goal here is to put as much meat on the boat and blood on the decks as possible.

Nighttime: Once we anchor up for the night, and get the chum slick going, everything and anything is possible. Some folks will be busy trying to catch live squid for Tuna/Swordfish bait. While others will be busy trying to jig Tuna. Still others will try deep dropping for hake. Everyone should have their favorite Mahi outfit rigged and baited as they often tear thru the chum slick.

Trolling Viking Style: These Guy's have this down pat and have developed a system that is fair to all. We will all have a trolling buddy, and will troll 10 outfits. When a tuna is landed "on the troll" that fish is split between you and your Buddy. You can take turns fighting your Tuna "if you like" or you and your Buddy can switch off. If you are not busy fighting a tuna while on the troll you should be busy throwing your favorite jig as a number of Tuna are landed this way.

Note: Tuna taken on the troll are not eligible for the pool. Only Tuna taken on a jig or on the chunk are eligible for the pool.

As with all Viking Charters, Your fish will be iced down for you, and ice for your fish is included in the price.

1- Jfish Spot #50 & Bunk # 16T
2- Lester
3- Canvasback
4- Dennis Longhunter
5- JJD
6- The1jonc
7- Joenet
8- Capt. Eric
9- Joenet+1
10- Rrspike - PAID - Spot # 56 & Bunk 3 28b
11- Toprod
12- Fishfinder
13- OPEN
14- Billy262 PAID - Spot#49 & Bunk #14T
15- Fishfinder+1
16- Elnath
17-Bobwhite
18-Billy262+1 (Herb) - PAID Spot #48 Bunk #15B
19-Snowbank104 - PAID - Spot # 54 & Bunk # 24
20-Casey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jfish
Jfish

Re: Viking TNT Charter

Postby Jfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 am

Note: there are only 5 open spots left on this one. Once they are filled i will start a waitlist.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:28 pm

This thread will be a work in progress as little by little i will go over some of the tackle we will be using on this trip. First let's look at some of the set ups we will be using.

Rods n Reels:

Trolling outfits- We will only be needing 10 of these as we will be forming 10 groups of 2 Friends. While it is possible to get away with a 6/0 or a 9/0. Most of us use either a 2-speed 30 or 50 loaded with either 80 or 100 lb test. I have 2 outfits that will work very nicely.

Mahi- Either a heavy duty spinning or baitcasting outfit loaded with 30-40 lb test braid, with a 3 ft topshot of 25 lb test fluro will work nicely.

Swordfish- While i am sure they can be landed on standard gear, i would suggest a 2-speed 50 loaded with 100 lb test for starters. Lester and Dennis can chime in here as they have as much if not more experience than i have in this regard. I will pick Capt. Steve jr. and Capt. Carls brains on targeting swords, long before this trip.

Jigging Tuna- Your standard H.D. Cod sticks will work nicely for jigging Tuna. Your reels should be loaded with 65-80 lb braid with a 70-100 ft topshot of 60- lb mono.

Squid- hands down one of the top baits for Tuna and Swords. To catch them you will need either a spinning outfit or a baiitcasting outfit loaded with 10 lb test mono, an assortment of squid jigs and some sinkers in the 1 oz to 4 oz range.

Bottom fishing- You will need a rod that can handle up to 5 lb sinkers, and a reel that can hold at least 1,500 ft of 80 lb braid with a 70 ft topshot of 60 lb test mono. Your Bottom fishing outfit can double as your Tuna jigging stick if necessary.

We will be getting into a lot more detail shortly. But this should get us all started.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Also, don't forget, when making payment please post that you made payment, and post up your Rail position and Bunk number. Remember that payment can only be made thru the Viking Office (631) 668-5700.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby catchabigone » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Put me on for this trip, thanks

-Scott
catchabigone

Postby Jfish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 am

You got it Buddy. Welcome aboard :D . Should be one hell of a trip.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 am

Only 4 open spots left :D .
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Wow, Big thank you to Billy262 for the first payment on this one. Thanks for making my job that much easier. You Guy's are the best.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Still 4 open spots on this very special, very limited Charter.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby Jfish » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Bobwhite is innnnnnnn. Only 3 open spots remain.
Jfish
Jfish

Next

Return to GROUP CHARTER ARRANGEMENT BOARD