Spring trips starting

Learn from the top wreck and bottom fisherman in the game! Full discussions on wreck fishing along with all things related to bottom fishing!!

Spring trips starting

Postby mrbrklyn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Anyone have schedules for the first week of April out of Sheepshead Bay?
mrbrklyn

Re: Spring trips starting

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am

As of this time, there is NO WORD from our NYS DEC to whether BLACKFISH will be open... still waiting on this as the decision to a spring opening which is still being made by the higher ups in Albany (if you can believe what we are still being told).

Spring Blackback Flounders....opens April 1.

Ling as an unregulated recreational species, is open.

Cod and pollock is open.

Striped Bass opens April 15th.

The season is extremely behind due to unseasonable cold water temps. There will be boats lighting up for bottom fishing such as the OCEAN EAGLE and MJ, while possibly the BROOKLYN VI will have a sign up for the mac-attack, something we have not seen in many springs. Captain Super Dave most likely will be flounder fishing along with the Sea Queen.
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby R SONS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 am

TIC TOC TIC TOC ....... cabin fever oh yeah for all of us ,, boats are getting ready to get off the dock and catch something , spring mack attack would be a nice way to start , temps still a little cold in back bays but will come up soon enough ,,,, another 5 - 6 degrees for the flounder need some sunny days , and all will start to come together and fall into place .time to get out and fish .
R SONS

Postby jfregi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:41 pm

The spring flounder fishery has always been my favorite. I fish for them in the spring no matter what. I'll post a report if I go this weekend. Good luck everyone
jfregi

Postby nagami » Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Tagged. This is going to be good.Image
nagami

Return to WRECK & BOTTOM FISHING CENTRAL