Wind

Have a question concerning fishing or what equipment you might need? Have any fishing related comments or insite this is your forum.

Wind

Postby nickh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 am

I havent seen a stretch of northwesterly wind like this in quite some time.
nickh

Re: Wind

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 am

Nick...

It has been the weather pattern not only for this season, but over the last few years. I was speaking with Captain Jeff before he left to go offshore last evening and he even said this is the worse stretch of windy weather he has seen as 10-15 is now the new 20-25 with gust to 35 mph.

I do not see this pattern changing and many of the noted meteorologist who have committed to a winter 1019 - 2019 have all predicted a nasty, windy and snowy winter. Look at the pattern coming for this weekend as they were predicting a Long Island blizzard event and the notably more accurate EUROPEAN tracking model is going back and forth every 12 hr period of indicating either a Long Island to a Virginia/North Carolina snow dump.

Odds are of consistently windy weather, but there is one thing that it has brought along out east, the haddock. Who could of imagined that the waters of southern New England to south of Montauk Pt. have had this many haddock!
EC NEWELLMAN

Return to GENERAL FISHING FORUM